Associate Director MVSE – Biogen, Medical Value Strategy and Execution (MVSE) in Weston, MA. Life Sciences Valid through 6/15/2020
Biogen, Inc. is a multinational, American biotechnology company with its registered offices in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which specializes in neurodegenerative, hematológica and autoimmune treatment therapy, development and delivery to patients worldwide.
- $80K – $100K*
- Industry: Pharmaceuticals & Biotech
- Speciality: Life Sciences
- Experience:5 – 7 years
The Associate Director of Medical Value Strategy and Execution (MVSE) in US Medical will assist in leading the medical payor engagement strategy and work closely with cross-functional partners in US & Global Medical (e.g. MA&R, MERI, Value & Access) to demonstrate the value proposition of medicines to enable optimal market access, reimbursement and brand growth for lifecycle management.
This person will provide leadership and expertise in health outcomes and pharmacoeconomics that resonant with U.S. payors.
They will understand the U.S. Healthcare system, federal and state regulations affecting healthcare policies, as well as US payor landscape.
This person will coordinate or lead the development of quality, impactful HEOR and real-world evidence that will be used by Medical Value Liaisons (MVL) to inform payor decision-makers.
This person will coordinate the development of MVL field resources (DSE, economic models, prevalence tools, etc.) to be used by MVLs in a customer-facing role.
They possess “business savvy” and customer focus while remaining non-promotional
They are rigorously measured both qualitatively and quantitively and held highly accountable to their goals.
- Passion for science and deep scientific knowledge: Demonstrates a deep passion for medicine, science and clinical development; Has a solid base knowledge of the whole Biogen neuroscience
- Effective communication: Communicates clearly, confidently, and credibly; Easily understands other points of views and responds appropriately
- Inquisitive and opportunistic approach: Exhibits marked curiosity about healthcare and business opportunities; Challenges the status quo and experiments to create new possibilities; Is resilient and navigate through ambiguity with determination to innovate; Demonstrates a potential to perceive and then engage in new opportunities for collaboration; Develop solutions quickly to take advantage of emerging opportunities; Take calculated risks and learn from failure
- Team player: Enjoys working in a collaborative effort towards a common goal; Personable and someone people want to be around; Is consistent in their approach to compliant collaboration; Has strong and trusted cross-functional working relationships which enable rapid alignment on compliant solutions/compromises to minimize/avoid delays
- Digital potential: Comfortable using and experimenting with technology; Embraces and optimally utilizes new tools and systems; Demonstrates a willingness and aptitude to learn if not yet well versed
- Customer-minded: Keep patients, payors and physicians front and centre in their daily work and collaborate to solve critical scientific and business challenges; Knowledgeable about the healthcare and access landscape with a clear understanding of how it impacts the customer’s behaviours and clinical practices; Demonstrates a passion for the business surrounding sciences; Able to articulate Biogen medical strategy and link to Payor engagement
- Accountability: Delivers reliably against their goals; Motivated to perform to meet and even exceed goals and objectives
- Master’s degree in epidemiology, public health, health economics or pharmaceutical sciences or related discipline is required
- Doctoral degree (PhD, DrPH, ScD) in epidemiology, public health, health economics or a Doctoral degree in a clinical discipline in Medicine or Pharmacy (MD or PharmD) is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in health economics, health services research, outcomes research and/or related disciplines
- In-depth knowledge of US managed market and the biopharma industry including R&D, clinical, market access and commercial
- Expertise with pharmacoeconomic analyses, patient-reported outcomes, retrospective and prospective observational studies and their application to evaluate and deliver the value of medicines
- Effective leadership, presiding over meetings and driving consensus decision-making
- Ability to effectively operate in a highly matrixed organization, including excellent interpersonal and management skills through influencing
- Team player
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with strong project management abilities (e.g., contracting, budgeting, vendor management)
- Able to travel at least 30% of the time, including the ability to travel overnight and occasionally on weekends.
How to Apply?
To apply click here. Associate Director MVSE – Biogen
For more job opportunities, explore our careers page.