Associate Scientist – Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics – Genentech, South San Francisco, California, United States of America.
The DMPK-BA function is mainly responsible for overall compliance with GLP / GCP regulations to support the pre-clinical or clinical development and development of Genentech’s small molecular programmes, which involve the monitoring of regulated bio-analytical activities in a contract research laboratory (CROs).
The responsibilities of the study include, but are not contained only: technical monitoring during the development of the bioanalytical method, validation and sample analysis; monitoring method transfer between the CROs. People perform CRO assessment and selection as well, review CRO SOPs, identify additional bioanalytical requirements, and perform regular site visits and inspections if necessary.
Inter-country individuals are responsible for developing very sensitive and specific bioanalytical methods in a variety of biological matrices for the quantitative analysis of new chemical entities, metabolites and biomarkers, reproduce CRO-developed methods and perform quantitative bioanalysis without regulations. The individuals serve in interdisciplinary project teams as bioanalytical representatives. Furthermore, people can supervise and train young staff to carry out all the responsibilities described above.
- The candidate for the DMPK-BA Associate Scientist position must have a doctoral degree in analytical chemistry, biochemistry, or equivalent with relevant industry experience of 0 to 2 years.
- The candidate needs to possess a demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, as well as in a team setting.
- The candidate should have in-depth bioanalytical knowledge and extensive experience with modern analytical instrument platforms, particularly with LC-MS/MS.
- The candidate is expected to have hands-on experience in developing and validating LC-MS bioanalytical methods using various techniques (SLE, LLE, SPE, and PP), and have strong multi-tasking ability to manage multiple studies simultaneously and be able to assist in troubleshooting when instrument or assay problems arise.
- The candidate should have a good understanding of GLP/GCP regulations and possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Prior working experience at or with CROs is preferred.
About the Company
For more than 40 years, Genentech, a member of the Roche Group, has been the leading biotechnologist in developing new medicines for serious diseases that threaten life with human genetic information. Genentech has several cancer and other serious diseases therapies on the market. Please use the opportunity to learn about Genentech, which we believe to be our main asset and to continue to be a great place to work.
Genentech is an employer of equal opportunities and prohibits illegal discrimination based on race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/speech, national origin/antiquities, age, disability, marital status & veterans. See our Genentech Careers page for more information on equal opportunities.
How to Apply
To apply click here. Associate Scientist – Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics – Genentech
For more job opportunities visit our careers page.