Bioinformatics Scientist – Novartis, Job ID 285914BR at one of the biggest MNC – Basel – Switzerland.
250! The number of genomics research projects which each year await your expertise in data analysis. Your research will be important in order for the next generation of treatments for unmet medical needs to be identified and applied more rapidly.
The Unit for Immunology, Hepatology, and Dermatology is looking for a curious, competent and motivated bio-informatic scientist working on the analysis and integration of data sets produced under Cosentyx in the autoimmunity transplantation and inflammatory disease area at the Novartis Institutes of BioMedical Research in Basel.
You will be working at the interface between Novartis ‘ research and development organizations to gain insight into how to further promote the Cosentyx program and related exploratory activities. As an active and collaborative bioinformatics scientist.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Analysis, integration, and visualization of different types of omics data including genomics, transcriptomics, and proteomics.
- Contextualization of results from omics experiments including biological interpretation, correlation with clinical endpoints and phenotypes, generation and comparison of molecular signatures, pathway- and network-level analyses.
- Application of modern biostatistics and machine learning methods for supervised and unsupervised learning to heterogeneous molecular and clinical data.
- Close interactions with clinicians, biologists, data scientists, and business stakeholders.
- Present and communicate your work to a diverse audience, contribute to the preparation of manuscripts and remain up-to-date with the relevant literature.
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics or related fields, Postdoctoral Experience in the academic or pharmaceutical / biotechnology industry is considered to be a benefit.
- Excellent knowledge of computing methods to analyze, integrate and interpret high-throughput biological data from sequence-based technology and array-based technologies; one-celled genomics experiences are regarded as a plus.-demonstrated experience in the use of supervised and uncontrolled biomedical data machine learning methods.
- Excellent programming, data analysis and data visualization skills in R/Bioconductor; experience with Shiny and/or Python are considered a plus.
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix command line and high-performance computing Environments.
- Sound understanding of biology and immunology; Experience in working with autoimmune diseases and/or in translational/clinical research is considered a plus.
- Fluent English (oral and written)
Why consider Novartis?
750,000,000.000. That is how much our goods are influenced by. While we are proud of that fact, we also need to ask ourselves: how do we strengthen and extend even further our lives in this world of digital and technological transformation?
We believe the answers will be found in an inspiring environment when curious, brave and collective people like you are brought together. Where you can explore the power of digital technology and data. When you can take intelligent chances to risk failure. And there are people around you who share your desire to face the most challenging medical challenges in the world.
|Division||Global Drug Development|
|Business Unit||IHD DU GDD|
|Company/Legal Entity||Novartis Pharma AG|
|Functional Area||Research & Development|
|Job Type||Full Time|
To Apply click here.
Bioinformatics Scientist – Novartis – For more career options click on this link.