Bioinformatics Scientist – Pfizer, Jobs for Bioinformatics – Location Boulder, Colorado, United States. Bioinformatics India
Description – Role Summary
Pfizer Boulder Research and Development is looking for a full-time bioinformatics specialist / computational biologist to work with our Discovery, Translational, Clinical and Commercial teams. We have a variety of oncology programs in both targeted therapeutics and immuno-oncology that range from early Discovery to commercialized products. This new role represents an exciting opportunity to significantly impact the discovery and development of new treatments in our integrated pipeline.
• Analyze and extract useful learnings from large format multidimensional datasets (e.g. expression, mutational, CNV and clinical outcome).
• Aid in the identification of new targets for Drug Discovery.
• Act as a primary point of contact with external consultants for pre-clinical and translational data, including delineation of the scope of work, data formatting needs, transfer logistics, and QC for completeness and accuracy of the transferred data and analysis.
• Support translational programs in the identification and quantitation of target populations (e.g., by mutational prevalence).
• QC results of translational research prior to finalization in a clinical study report, manuscript, abstract, etc. Mine external biomarker databases and summarize findings.
• Aid in the design of protocols to yield results of the highest quality and value.
• Master’s degree in bioinformatics, biostatistics or a closely related field
• 5+ years of relevant experience
• Fluency in Python, R and/or other relevant programming languages
• Knowledge of statistical methods, data mining, and visualization techniques
• Knowledge of assembly and annotation of NGS data, including genomic and RNAseq datasets
• Excellent communication skills and a history of high performance and productivity
• 2-4 years of industrial experience as a bioinformaticist or closely related role
• Knowledge of cancer genomics and public data resources
• Basic understanding of oncology clinical trials, endpoints, operational aspects, data handling, GCP, etc.
• Experience with translational medicine concepts such as clinical biomarkers and patient stratification
• Use of cloud-based analytic platforms such as DNAnexus or Quartzbio
• Local to Boulder location
Physical or Mental Requirements
• Primarily sitting at a desk and moving through offices
• Ability to perform mathematical calculations and complex data analysis
• Light travel load
• No extraordinary requirements
Other Job Details
• This job is Pfizer Exempt US Grade: 7
• US/PR colleagues who are issued an Incident Final Warning (IFW) disciplinary action are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date an IFW is issued.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure.
Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the number of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
To apply click here!! – Bioinformatics Scientist – Pfizer
For the latest Job opportunities stay connected to Bioinformatics India.