bioinformatics Specialist – Genetics, Jobs & Careers in Bioinformatics
The biological (especially DNA) and biochemical data is collected, managed and studied by bioinformatics specialists at the molecular level through computer software and hardware. We also design computer databases and construct complicated math formulas for analyzing and manipulating data called algorithms. Biostatisticians, biologist machines, bioinformatics, biometricians, and bioinformaticians are also known as bioinformatics specialists.
Position: Bioinformatics Specialist – Genetics
About the Company: FutureMed, an R&D focused Genomics organization that supports people through molecular scans of individuals and using data analysis that provides people with the right skills, resources, and strategies to take care of their health.
The Genomics company supports individuals in a healthy environment. With the ultimate purpose of improving health through personalized medicine, treatment, nutrition and fitness we work with physicians, skin specialists, nuts and fitness trainers to provide comprehensive and accurate genomic information.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Genetic data analytics experience including SNPs, INDEL, CNV, genomes, and exomes
- Database knowledge; programming expertise is important
- Curation of genetic report experience will be an advantage
- Cross-platform familiarity will be of benefit.
- New panels are built or new products designed.
- Each panel shall be fitted with pipelines.
- Write automation systems through the definition of specified specifications.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Ph.D. /Master’s in Life science/Biotech/Genetics or related field.
- Min. 1-2 year of industry experience.
- Experience with computer programming, IT, and techniques for automating molecular biology laboratory applications
- Technically competent and personable with a diverse group of scientists
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Familiarity with laboratory techniques in biochemistry and molecular biology
- Experience with NGS, Sanger sequencing, or Microarray analysis.
As per standard policy.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Bioinformatics: 1 year (Preferred), total work: 1 year (Required)
Education: Master’s (Required)
Required travel: 50% (Preferred)
Industry: Medical Information
Comment for more info.