Business Consulting Manager – Bioinformatics, Strategy Insights & Planning Manager/Bioinformatics Lead in Philadelphia, PA.
- $100K – $150K*
- Industry: Business Services
- Speciality: Life Sciences
- Experience:8 – 10 years
ZS Managers manage overall projects, programs and client engagements. We are seeking a Business Consulting Manager that will serve as the Bioinformatics Solutions Lead in the U.S. to take responsibility for projects, lead client relationships and contribute to the development and growth of this service line, it’s bioinformatics solutions team members and offerings.
- Collaborate with clients and ZS teams to understand and frame scientific questions and required insights, translate into bioinformatics approaches and develop the analytical pipelines to produce results;
- Develop bioinformatics approaches and solutions to high priority and repeatable scientific questions
- Provide subject matter expertise to teams requiring bioinformatics;
- Publish research papers and present at scientific conferences based on work performed;
- Maintain a strong insight into the capabilities of potential external partners and competitors;
- Synthesize and communicate results to clients and ZS teams through oral and written presentations;
- Support client service teams (2-3 prioritized clients) to grow our presence and relationships in bioinformatics offerings. Work closely with ZS client teams to lead client business development and client relationship development across our key client accounts; Initial focus will be in research, discovery and translational medicine in immuno-oncology, but the portfolio will broaden to other therapeutic areas as the practice matures;
- Work with technology, strategy, and data science teams at ZS and our clients to develop bioinformatics solutions that advance our clients’ capabilities through the adoption of artificial intelligence, advanced data science and machine learning methods and approaches;
- Identify and acquire novel sources of data, libraries and analysis packages for bioinformatics applications;
- Responsible to supervise development and operation of ZS internal bioinformatics platform and data;
- Stay abreast of current industry trends relevant to our clients. Develop a strong point-of-view and establish ZS thought leadership in bioinformatics methods and novel approaches and methods;
- Market our Biomedical Research service line to increase awareness of ZS capabilities, build knowledge of our point-of-view, and inform our clients’ perception of the ZS value proposition;
- Consistently deliver quality client services and drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget;
- Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes;
- Effectively lead and motivate teams with diverse skills and backgrounds;
- Provide constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members. Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment;
- Play an active role in counselling and mentoring junior team members within ZS. Work collaboratively and well with cross-office and offshore team members;
- Possess in-depth business, scientific, data science and technology acumen. Run a growing and profitable Biomedical Research scientific platforms business in the U.S. for ZS, deliver profitable projects, and invest in innovation that supports our growth.
- PhD or Master’s degree in bioinformatics, computational genomics, genetics, molecular biology, cell biology, systems biology, immunology, mathematics, physics or related discipline, and strong academic performance with analytic and quantitative coursework is required;
- In lieu of a PhD, 3-5 years of relevant post-collegiate work experience in bioinformatics, computational genomics, or a related field;
- Expertise in genomics, proteomics, epigenetics, metabolomics databases and translational data domains;
- Experience in DNA-Seq, RNA-Sea, Single Cell RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq and related methods
- Expertise in research and translational data standards, medical terminologies and controlled vocabularies (e.g. ICD, NDC, SNOMED, MedDRA, LOINC, CPT) used in research and healthcare data and ontologies;
- Expertise in data science, statistical methods and approaches within bioinformatics applications;
- Experience in advanced visualization and visual analytics of routinely performed bioinformatics analyses;
- Proficiency in Python, Bio python, R, Bioconductor, Jupyter notebooks, RShiny apps, HTML, CSS, and other coding languages used in bioinformatics;
- Knowledge of deploying bioinformatics solutions on cloud environments
- Understanding of tools and platforms needed to analyze “omics”, lab instrument data like flow cytometry, mass spectrometry and translational data;
- 7-9+ years of experience in the life science industry, clinical, academic or research organizations focused on leading a bioinformatics team;
- Demonstrated experience working with Biomedical Research clients;
- Demonstrated experience driving revenue within existing clients and in developing new prospects;
- Demonstrate the ability to quickly assimilate new knowledge;
- Executive-level presence and communication skills.
- A willingness to travel internationally to meet client needs.
To Apply click here.