Director – National Institutes of Health (NIH), Division of Data Integration Modeling and Analytics (NIH), Bioinformatics and Biotechnology Jobs. National Institutes of Health
Department of Health and Human Services
National Institutes of Health
National Institute of General Medical Sciences
Division of Data Integration, Modeling, and Analytics
About the organization
The National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS), a major research component of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), is seeking exceptional candidates for the position of Director, Division of Data Integration, Modeling, and Analytics (DIMA). Information about DIMA is available at https://www.nigms.nih.gov/about/dima/.
The Division of Data Integration, Modeling, and Analytics is NIGMS’ central nexus for all data-driven discussions, decisions, and actions. The Division serves the Institute’s Director, Deputy Director, senior staff, scientific divisions, and program staff by providing robust, timely, accurate, and contextually appropriate data and information that aid in the efficient administration of all NIGMS programs and in the proper stewardship of taxpayer resources. The Division has two Branches:
1) Data Modeling and Analytics
2) Data Integration and Dissemination. Through its activities, DIMA supports NIGMS in its efforts to promote scientific discovery, advancement, and achievement; enhance the stewardship of public resources, and excel as a federal science agency in the responsible management of scientific and organizational results on behalf of the American public and taxpayer.
- Candidates must possess an M.D., Ph.D., or equivalent degree in a field relevant to the position.
- The ideal candidate will have considerable research and/or research administration experience and knowledge related to the NIGMS mission.
- In addition, candidates should possess recognized research management and leadership abilities.
- The position will be filled under a Title 42 (f) excepted service appointment.
- Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with the experience of the candidate.
- A recruitment or relocation bonus may be available, and relocation expenses may be paid.
- A full package of Federal Civil Service benefits is available, including retirement, health and life insurance, long term care insurance, leave, and a Thrift Savings Plan (401K equivalent).
- The successful candidate is subject to a background investigation and financial disclosure requirements.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit a current curriculum vitae, bibliography, copy of degree, and full contact details for three references. In addition, applicants are asked to prepare two statements: a vision statement and a statement that addresses the specific qualification requirements (please limit the statements to two pages each).
NIGMS will be accepting applications from Monday, April 27, 2020, and plans to have the position open for at least 45 days, but the application process will not close until a candidate has been selected.
Click here to know more.
DHHS and NIH are Equal Opportunity Employers
This position offers important opportunities to set scientific priorities, lead change, and improve the research enterprise.
Director – National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Keep following us for more careers opportunities.