How to Register For COVID-19 Vaccination Above 18 Years From 1st May?
The CoWIN platform and the Aarogya Setu app allows all qualified people to register.
The Government of India declared step 3 of the country’s vaccination campaign in the midst of the steep COVID-19 rise. All people above the age of 18 will be vaccinated from 1st May. Currently, the vaccine was only allowed for people over 45 years of age.
India tally with 2.94 lakhs – the second highest in the world ever. Users must register for the vaccine online and take their first shot before going to the hospitals.
MyGovIndia has tweeted that phase 3 will start on May 1 and vaccination registrations are due to start soon through the CoWIN portal and the Aarogya Setu application. No app is available for the CoWIN site and registrations are only possible via the website.
The government would probably open registrations before the first of May so that the ball rolls in advance. Upon publishing, the registration process is only limited to users over 45 years of age but could soon be extended to include all users over 18 years of age.
How to register online for COVID-19?
Once phase 3 registration begins, users can visit the CoWIN Portal and the Aargya Setu application for vaccine registration. Two COVID-19 vaccines – Covaxin developed by Hyderabad-based Bharat Biotech and Covishield developed by Oxford-AstraZeneca and produced by the Serum Institute of India is currently being used at the vaccination facility (SII).
With the aid of our guide, users can search for nearby vaccination centres. Follow the steps below to register.
Process for registration through CoWIN portal
- Head to the CoWIN website, click on Register/Sign in Yourself
- Enter your mobile number, click on Get OTP. An OTP should arrive on your phone. Enter the digits on the site, and click Verify.
- On the Register for Vaccination page, enter all the details, including photo ID proof, name, gender, and year of birth. Click on Register.
- Once registered, you will get the option to schedule an appointment, Click on Schedule next to the name of the person registered.
- Enter your pin code and hit Search. The centres in the pin code will show up, select the date and time and click on Confirm.
- You can add up to four members through one login. It is easy to reschedule your appointment; the process is similar to how you schedule it.
Process for registration through Aarogya Setu app
- Head to the Aarogya Setu app > Click on the CoWIN tab on the home screen
- Select Vaccination Registration > Enter Phone Number > Enter OTP
- Click on Verify > You will be directed to the Registration of Vaccination page
- Follow the same steps as mentioned in the ‘Process for registration through CoWIN portal’ guide.
Per person must take two vaccine shots. The second dose of Covaxin should be taken from 28 to 42 days after the first dose, says the CoWIN portal. Covishield’s second dose is to be taken between 28 days and 56 days after the first dose.