Infinite reasons to study biotechnology, you probably think Biotech domain is limited with a lot of factors, let’s prove you wrong.
The application of biological knowledge in the development of products or processes capable of improving different aspects of life such as the health environment for food supplies and general examples of biotechnological applications in medical sciences involves the utilization of cells or cellular materials in the production of drug vaccines that help prevent and treat human diseases.
Highlights of Biotechnology
- Biotechnology combines biology and chemical disciplines and uses the tools of modern biology and biomedical research by mathematics and physics.
- Living cells and cellular materials are utilized in biotechnology to create medicines, diagnostics, agriculture, the environment and other products for society’s benefit.
- It is also used for the study and modification of genetic information in animals to model and study human diseases.
- Both basic and applied science in biotechnology. These technologies are applied in many useful ways in agriculture, healthcare, forensics, industrial processing and environmental management.
- Graduates follow a number of career paths, including research laboratories, biology and chemical postgraduate training and professional careers in the fields of health.
What Biotech is all about?
Biotechnology is all about when living cells are used for the environment, diagnosis, pharmaceutical and agriculture industries and materials produced by them. Biotechnology essentially uses raw life ingredients and produces the best output to help solve the problems of society.
Moreover, biotechnology is the field of science, not confined or tied to a single field but includes numerous interdisciplinary areas of science, which are becoming rapidly important and chosen to explore the new borders of science for young people.
The branch of science, however, addresses agricultural, animal husbandry, nutrition and environmental conservation demands on the one hand to industrial sectors, such as the food and drink industry, the textile sector, biological products, the medical sector and pharmaceuticals on the other.
Biotechnology is forecast to become one of the most important applied sciences in this and beyond century and that is why biotechnology is the perfect field for graduate work.
Careers in Biotechnology?
When considering biotechnology careers, we think of a white-clothed scientist at a lab that develops medicines to improve life quality. Biotechnology offers a wide range of career opportunities, ranging from research and development, sales and marketing to production and quality control and assurance in industries such as food & beverage, textile, biological, pharmaceutical and medicinal products.
Students are highly interested in biotechnology because biotechnology has a wide range of disciplines in both technical and procedural application. In turn, this offers students who are looking for a permanent career in their life many job opportunities. In so many applications, biotechnology, along with its many subcategories, is used by many new fields.
Some of the areas where a biotechnologist can fit in are:
- Animal Husbandry
- Animal Technician
- Bioinformatics Specialist
- Clinical Research Associate
- Documentation Coordinator
- Environment Conservation
- Forensic DNA Analyst
- Genetic Engineering
- Greenhouse And Field Technician
- Health Care
- Industrial Research And Development Medicine
- Instrumentation/ Calibration Technician
- Laboratory Automation Specialist
- Laboratory Technician
- Manufacturing Assistant
- Manufacturing Technician
- Quality Assurance Specialist
- Quality Control Technician
- Research Associate
- Sales Representative
Biotechnology needs to be studied and is important in the modern world for many reasons:
Support for the people
Human beings could not live longer and healthier lives, without progress in biotechnology. It allows human beings to eradicate diseases (smallpox), provides them with the second chance of living (speech therapy, prosthetic treatments, etc.), and provides us with more food (green revolution and the introduction of GMOs).
Biotechnology is an industry that is extremely lucrative. There is plenty of potential for big bucks if you get into the field of biotechnology. Many people are willing, in the hope that this will improve our life in our world, to invest in new biotechnology.
Understanding the world around us
We can know more about the Earth in biotechnology (and even other planets!). With biotechnology advances, we can explore various environments, animals and plants. Biotechnology provides us with more information which can be useful in planning policies of government, finding new renewable resources, etc.
Also Read: Top 20 Research institution
Infinite reasons to study Biotechnology – Visit us for more educational articles.