Website Bristol-Myers Squibb
Associate Research Scientist II | BMS
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immune science and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration, and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
Perform in vivo physiology experiments with the goal of ameliorating NASH and potentially other fibrotic diseases.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of a highly productive in vivo team discovering agents to treat NASH (and potentially other fibrotic targets) within a fibrosis department. Responsibilities will include: all aspects of in vivo drug discovery from the measurement of food intake and body weights, dosing of animals (e.g. i.p., s.c., p.o., i.m.), to the measurement of key variables including substrates and hormones. The candidate will also be responsible for tissue biochemical analyses as appropriate. The ability to integrate knowledge from peers, supervisors, and the literature and move this into successful model development is very important. The candidate will be responsible for analyzing (using excel, a statistical package, and PowerPoint presentation software) and communicating the resulting data to the supervisor and larger research group.
Responsibilities will include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Physiology, Pharmacology, or related field. At least 2 years of relevant experience after degree
- All aspects of in vivo drug discovery from the measurement of food intake and body weights, to dosing of animals (i.p., s.c., p.o., i.m.)
- Experience within Vivo measurement of metabolism and fibrosis markers, most specifically but not limited to hepatic
- An understanding of intermediary metabolism and fibrotic pathways is helpful with a proven track record of research highly desirable
- Experience with tissue processing and biochemical analyses of tissue samples is a key feature of this job
- Experience with ex vivo tissue isolation, processing, and analysis is desirable
- Data recording and processing (Excel and graphic tools), and appropriate statistical background is required, with in-depth knowledge of these facets of research and the ability to effectively communicate results, are essential
- Ability to work well within a highly integrated team and cross-functionally is a must
- Good analytical and communication skills required
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services, and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
To apply for this job please visit www.biospace.com.