Website Janssen Pharmaceutical
Associate Scientist Cell Culture Role At Janssen Infectious Diseases and Vaccines (formerly Crucell)
Janssen Infectious Diseases and Vaccines (formerly Crucell) is a biotech company that focuses on the development, production and marketing of vaccines, recombinant proteins and antibodies to prevent and combat infectious and other diseases.
Within Janssen hardworking, results-oriented people are working in a dynamic culture in which innovation and a ‘can do’ state of mind are the central points. In order to strengthen our team, we are continuously looking for enthusiastic, talented people who have the ambition to develop themselves and can be of value to Janssen.
Associate Scientist Cell Culture
The QCD labs group is part of the Analytical Development Department of the Pharmaceutical and Analytical Development sector. Overall, it consists of 6 sub-teams (Raw-Materials, Sample Management, Cell Culture, Microbiology, Coordination and Technicians) and is responsible for release and stability testing as well as the corresponding reporting of Janssen’s virus and antibody products for use in clinical trials and the analytical support of the pilot plant activities.
The QCD Labs group focuses on supporting production and laboratory activities with:
- Inspection, release and change management of incoming production raw materials and laboratory chemicals (Raw-Materials Team)
- Sample and Material receipt, handling, storage and forwarding (Sample Management Team)
- Cell Culture services where cells are maintained used for assays and production cell line quality is supported (Cell Culture Team)
- Microbiology group mainly responsible for maintaining controlled state of production clean room and production utilities by environmental and utility monitoring programs (Microbiology Team)
- Coordination of Release and Stability testing and Outsourcing Coordination (Coordination Team)
- Lab technicians’ team is responsible for all internal release and stability testing (Technicians)
Based on formation plan and the needs within the QCD Labs organization, we are looking for a motivated and experienced Associate Scientist to strengthen our cell culture team.
Main Tasks Of An Associate Scientist Are:
- Ensuring that a high level of Quality is maintained in the department.
- Performing of cell-based assays (control cell & Growth promotion testing).
- Routine culturing of cells (e.g. A549, HEK293), to keep cells maintained for assays and projects.
- Identify gaps and opportunities for improvement within the department.
- Accurate completion of documentation such as assay run sheets (ARS), laboratory notebooks and logbooks.
- Actively participate in setting up documentation to ensure compliance.
Participate in continuous improvement projects that progresses the department in quality, EHS and efficiency gain.
- BSc or MSc in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Biophysics and/or protein chemistry or related fields.
- A proven track record of at least 7-10 years of hands-on cell culture experience.
- Experience with A549 and HEK293 cells are strong advantages.
- Be comfortable with routine activities.
- > 5 years’ Experience with celculture activities in a GMP environment.
- Experience with quality and laboratory systems such as, trackWise, DMS and eLIMS is considered as a pre.
- Candidate is accurate, pro-active, a teammate and careful.
- Senior enough to be the cell culture specialist in the team and coach/ train his/her colleagues (assistant scientists) on content level
- Experience working in a Quality driven environment.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention BV (8852)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jnj.com.
No products found.