Data Scientist – MiQ
MiQ is the leading marketing intelligence company with technology and people that help businesses win. We are experts at ingesting large amounts of data, modelling data to convert into insights and then actioning these insights through a variety of products and services.
Our People have an endearing and unique quality that sets them apart from the rest and that is why our product inspires. Our People make the difference and our values make the people.
In short, MiQ make data valuable, insightful, and intelligent, which helps clients engage customers, grow sales and generate revenue. MiQ offers its clients products and services across Media (which is their programmatic managed media offering), Analytics (custom engineering and data science solutions for business challenges in digital marketing space) and Technology (technology and analytics capabilities geared for their customers use). We enjoy a 97% client retention rate globally across brands such as Walmart, Barclaycard and Ford.
MiQ was built 9 years ago by Gurman Hundal and Lee Puri, with its original base in London, UK. Remaining a self-funded business, the company has now grown to over 700 employees, with 15 global offices covering 4 continents.
Our business vision is to empower the marketing divisions with the relevant insights so that they can shape the overall business strategy. It is for this reason MiQ has very exciting and realistic growth expectations over the coming years. It’s a great opportunity to work across a global business while becoming a key contributor within a growing, winning organization.
- Represent over 450 Client’s Globally
- 97% Retention Rate of Client’s since Launch
- 700 Global Employee’s, with a 100% Staff Retention Rate in the first 3 years of the business, currently 93%
- Offices in London, Manchester, Hamburg, 10 cities in the US, Toronto, Australia and Bangalore
- Award Winning Infrastructure – Recently voted for the ‘Best Use of Data’ as well as ‘Best Trading Team’ in UK and ‘Most Innovative Brand in Mobile’ in North America
- Own and execute end to end Data science projects
- Translate product requirements into analytical requirements/specifications, design and develop required functionality in internal tool.
- Leverage technology to automate daily operational activities
- Collaborate with engineering teams to activate media campaigns based on analytical outputs.
- Ensure actionable insights are delivered by utilizing all our rich data in conjunction with client specific data.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Able to understand the product requirement and able to execute end to end data product pipeline i.e. Research, Scoping, Data Analysis, Modeling, Prediction, Testing, Documentation.
- Understanding Product Requirements and able to put them in code logic with guidance of TL
- Ownership of a module of DS Logic
- Excellent team player and works very effectively with all other functions
- Collaborating with Product Analyst for Validation of Product Offerings and Data Engineers/Technical teams on implementing product features
- Recommending Changes in Feature Level of the Product
- Active Participation in implementing new framework or concept within DS modules
- Working with TL/PA to offer trainings and presentations to analysts/CS stakeholders and help them resolve queries
Skills –Must Have
- Experience in working in Data Science projects for a minimum of 3 years
- Experience in applying machine learning, statistical pattern recognition, and data mining algorithms to prediction problems.
- Strong Experience with at-least one programming language – e.g. Java, Python, R
- Strong experience with advanced SQL and good experience in big data ecosystem – Hive/Pig/MapReduce, Spark
- Extreme attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines and prioritise workload.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Good to Have
- Experience in working within Agile Scrum Methodology
- Experience in delivering data science projects leveraging cloud infrastructure.
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment – small teams with changing priorities.
- Demonstrated high degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Willingness to try new technologies and languages and ability to grasp and learn quickly.
At MiQ, we don’t just accept the differences of our people, it is what builds us as a community. MiQ is very proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Data Scientist – MiQ
To apply for this job please visit www.wearemiq.com.