Website Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology
Doctoral Researcher | Bioinformatics | Hans Knöll Institute
Activities and responsibilities
- MSc degree in Systems Biology, Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Biophysics, Computer Science or a related discipline
- Knowledge and experience in the analysis of biological high-throughput data
- Knowledge in statistical methods in the context of biological systems
- Programming experience (Python, Perl, C++, R).
- Well-developed collaborative skills
A strong interest in conducting collaborative research on the topic outlined above is paramount. Candidates are expected to be interested in working at the boundaries of several research domains.
SBI is coordinating a Horizon 2020 Marie Curie Innovative Training Network and is an active participant of the Cluster of Excellence “Balance of the Microverse” and CRC/ Transregio 124 “Pathogenic fungi and their human host: Networks of interaction” funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft. More information on the research output of the group can be found here.
Life in Jena:
- Jena is a city with high quality of life, central for trips to major cities (Weimar, Leipzig, Dresden, Berlin, Munich) and surrounded by beautiful nature, perfect for hiking, biking and winter sports
- Jena was awarded the title \”City of Science\” from the Stifterverband für die Deutsche Wissenschaft in 2008.
- The city is also a hub for notable life science companies, enabling the transfer from academia to industry.
Salary is paid according to German TV-L (salary agreement for public service employees). As an equal opportunity employer, the Leibniz-HKI is committed to increasing the percentage of female scientists and therefore especially encourages them to apply.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hki-jena.de.