Website The University Medical Center Göttingen
PhD student (m / f / d) in biochemistry molecular and cell biology
The working group has been dealing with the molecular mechanism and the physiological relevance of autophagy in the model organism Saccharomyces cerevisiae successfully and internationally visible for a long time . Autophagy is an intracellular transport route via which parts of the cytosol to be broken down, protein aggregates and damaged or superfluous cell organelles reach the vacuole. Autophagy is of great medical interest and plays an important role in cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging, programmed cell death, the elimination of intracellular pathogens and the presentation of antigens.
Macarophagophagy is mechanically very unusual because the transport vesicles (autophagosomes) are surrounded by two membranes. The molecular and genetic analysis of the biogenesis of autophagosomes is one focus of the working group, another focus is microautophagy.
- the methods used include the entire range of modern cell and molecular biological as well as genetic methods: disruption of genes, tagging of genes, generating GFP fusions etc., western blot, cell fractionation, fluorescence microscopy, affinity purification of proteins, Co-IP, Generation of antibodies, 2-hybrid system etc.
- In the context of collaborative research centers, numerous collaborations in the field of automated and high-resolution microscopy are also planned
- completed studies in biochemistry, molecular biology or cell biology
- No special previous knowledge is required, but a high level of motivation and interest in basic experimental research
- the department has excellent equipment: mass spectrometers for protein identification, laser scanning microscope, video microscope, chemiluminescence imaging system, phosphoimager. Etc.
- Social security benefits including supplementary benefits
- Extensive training and further education offer
- Health and sport promoted by excellent company health management
- diverse and interesting benefits (including company-owned daycare, childcare, attractive infrastructure, job tickets)
The interviews take place online.
We look forward to you!
Please only submit your application documents in PDF format by email in a file.
We ask for your understanding that travel and application costs cannot be reimbursed.
To apply for this job please visit www.umg.eu.