Website Buck Institute for Research
Postdoctoral Fellow in Bioinformatics
The Furman Lab and the Buck AI Platform at the Buck Institute for Research on Aging seek a highly independent and enthusiastic Postdoctoral Research Fellow interested in the inflammation/aging field with a focus on translational medicine. Proposed work will support research programs in aging and age-related disease. The goal of the Buck AI Platform is to catalyze data-enabled science and advance current knowledge on interventions and therapeutics to extend healthspan.
- Process, integrate and analyze in-house and public domain data from various independent platforms (proteomics, genomics, phenomics, metabolomics, transcriptomics, microbiome, wearables/behavioromics).
- Develop statistical methods for data integration of multiscale biological data.
- Participate in writing research grants.
- Contribute to developing new models, techniques and methods applicable in the use of public sets of biological data and potentially health records as well.
Education and Experience
- Deep interest for the science of aging with particular focus on identifying interventions and therapeutics to extend human healthspan
- PhD or equivalent experience in Bioinformatics, Physics, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Genetics, Computer Sciences or similar
- Significant experience with data science; specifically integration of multi-omics data
- Proven experience with application of machine learning and advanced statistical methods to biological datasets
- Proficient in SQL databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Competency in python and R; database development, maintaining & sharing code repositories (github, Jupyter, etc.)
- Research experience demonstrated through publications
- Talent for technology, translational medicine and knowledge transfer
- Ability to work in a heterogeneous environment of Biologists, Bioinformaticians, Computer Scientists, Molecular Biologists
- Effective interpersonal and communicational skills
- Ability to work and think independently
- Effective organizational skills and ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Aptitude for international collaborations
Our success will ultimately change healthcare. At the Buck, we aim to end the threat of age-related diseases for this and future generations by bringing together the most capable and passionate scientists from a broad range of disciplines to identify and impede the ways in which we age. We are an independent, nonprofit institution located in Marin County, CA, with the goal of increasing human healthspan, or the healthy years of life. Globally recognized as the pioneer and leader in efforts to target aging—the number one risk factor for diseases including Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, cancer, macular degeneration, heart disease, and diabetes—the Buck seeks to help people live better longer.
- Posting will remain open until position is filled.
- This full time appointment is funded for 3 years with possible renewal based on availability of funds and operational needs.
- Competitive salary starting at $75,000/year. Benefits include health/dental/vision insurance, 401(k) with 5% match and profit sharing after one year. Collaborative work environment. Generous PTO.
- Work will be primarily performed at Buck Institute for Research on Aging in Novato, CA
Click APPLY to submit your CV. Additionally, please send two reference letters to Mary Redwine ([email protected]).
To apply for this job please visit jobs.jobvite.com.