Bioinformatics Lead – Genmab, Location: Princeton, NJ, Posted May 01, 2020, Closes: Aug 14, 2020, Biotechnology
Genmab is an international biotechnology company specializing in the invention and development of differentiated human antibody therapeutics for the treatment of cancer and other important human diseases.
As Bioinformatics Lead in Data Science, you will work with a multidisciplinary international team to enable the discovery and development of antibody-based therapeutics. The successful candidate will independently apply established analytic algorithms/pipelines to genomics and proteomics data and provide data management for various types of high density clinical and non-clinical data. In addition, you will provide leadership for integrating traditionally siloed data generated across the organization to maximize the derivation of insights that bring value to patients and Genmab.
- You will work with various CROs to map data flow for each data type including but not limited to NGS, proteomics, flow cytometry, IHC, wearables
- You will work with internal colleagues to map data flow from internal equipment into the relevant and appropriate data repositories
- You will lead the design, implementation, and maintenance of scalable and automated data processing pipelines
- You will be responsible for collecting relevant internal or CRO QA/QC data to enable real-time or retrospective analytics to inform inconsistencies or anomalies that could be used to improve best practices for sample acquisition or data generation
- You work with internal and external parties in the project- and expert-teams.
- Work with information technology teams or vendors to provide individualized access permissions to data
- You will communicate with internal and external stakeholders and vendors regarding data requirements and expectations
- You will enable the flow and integration of disparate data sets from single or federated databases into user-friendly interfaces and viewers
- Make recommendations for software, hardware, and data storage related to data flow, especially as it relates to cloud
- You hold a Masters or PhD degree in Bioinformatics, computer engineering, or related field.
- You have experience with Perl, Java, Python, R as well as in using relational databases like Oracle, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- You know how to deal with/process large datasets (e.g. DNAseq, RNAseq, Mass Spec, Flow Cytometry, clinical trials, Biomarkers)
- You have worked with regulated environments such as ISO/GCP/GMP working with tools and databases such as blast, COSMIC or ENSEMBL.
- Experience with cloud storage and computing (AWS S3, etc…)
- Experience is using high density omics-type public datasets
- You have a ‘getting things done’ mentality, you are pro-active, enthusiastic and goal orientated.
- You have excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a diverse and global group of scientists, research associates
In case you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Recruiter Rebecca Fine at [email protected]
Genmab employees work with determination and with respect for each other, consistent with our core values, to achieve our common goals. We give individuals and teams the autonomy to drive the development of innovative products and solutions, knowing that integrity is a core value throughout our company. Genmab will offer the successful application a challenging position, where the right candidate will have the opportunity to work with highly specialised people across functions in an informal, multicultural culture, all aiming to make a difference for cancer patients.
Teamwork and respect are central pillars of Genmab’s culture and we, therefore, ensure an inclusive, open, and supportive professional work environment across our international locations. We believe that fostering workplace diversity across social, educational, cultural, national, age and gender lines is a prerequisite for the continued success of the company. We are committed to diversity at all levels of the company and strive to recruit employees with the right skills and competences, regardless of gender, age, ethnicity, etc.
Please note that if you are applying for a position in the Netherlands; Genmab’s policy for all permanently budgeted hires in this location is to offer a temporary agreement for one year, followed by a contract for indefinite time regardless of seniority.
How to Apply?
Click here to apply.
Bioinformatics Lead – Genmab | For more job opportunities visit our careers page.