Update Mobile Number: How to Update Aadhar Card Mobile Number Online In 2021?
How to change the mobile number of Aadhar Card online? Complete details on how to update or change mobile numbers in the Aadhar Card Here.
Aadhaar card is an ID card issued to a person resident in India by UIDAI. The Adhaar has a unique 12-digit ID code representing an individual’s information and biometrics in the UIDAI database. It is an effective verification method to authenticate the identity of a person. So how do I change the mobile number of the Aadhar card?
A person must register his or her mobile number with the Unique Identification Authority of India to access Aadhaar online services (UIDAI). If you have to update your telephone number, you can do so online at uidai.gov.in. Learn more about how Aadhar Card Mobile Number is changed online.
Importance of updating the Aadhar card
Aadhaar is a unique 12-digit identification number given to a person living in India by the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India). Regardless of age and gender, anyone can register for an Aadhaar number. Aadhaar records two significant personal data or information:
- The demographics of the citizen (Address proof)
- The biometric data of the person (Identity proof)
- The Aadhar card gives a person the biometric evidence of fingerprints and iris scans, a straightforward form of identity verification.
- For various government services, an Aadhar card is required and may be used as Identity and Address Evidence.
- The Aadhar registration process is simple and free of charge. The application and receipt of an Aadhaar card is a specific action and the Aadhar is valid for an individual’s entire life.
Why is updating or changing your mobile phone number important?
Aadhaar is an appropriate tool for verifying the identity of a person. It is a unique way to store all essential data in a licensed UIDAI central warehouse. At the time of the registration in Aadhaar, a valid contact number or email ID belonging to the person is requested. The contact details are permanent and are connected to the Aadhaar card. Earlier, mobile numbers were not required, but lately, they became compulsory.
Registered telephone numbers are required for online services and other Aadhaar benefits. In addition, various government-related schemes are needed. Aadhaar card is also required in order to file ITR returns and has become compulsory to obtain a PAN card recently. In addition, all providers of telecommunications services must integrate their telephone number with their Aadhaar and full authentication by e-KYC.
Therefore you have to register your mobile number with the Aadhar Card in order to access Aadhaar online services. Aadhar card can be modified online or via the next authorized UIDAI registration center. However, it is preferable to search online for a telephone number because it is quick and does not require effort to leave the house!
Steps on how to change the mobile number of Aadhar Card online
The need of updating the mobile number of the Aadhar card can occur for many reasons, including phone loss, contact details, etc. However, if you have not registered your mobile phone number when you register for Aadhaar, you must visit a Permanent Enrolment Center to register it.
Here are the steps to change the mobile number of Aadhar Card online:
- Visit the https://uidai.gov.in/ UIDAI website
- Click “Verify email/mobile number” to see the ‘Aadhaar Services’ section under ‘My Aadhaar’
- Enter the 12-digit Aadhaar on the screen.
- Enter the number of your cell phone.
- Enter the security code to complete the captcha search. You can receive an OTP on your mobile phone when the page loads.
- Enter your phone’s OTP and press “Verify OTP”
- Click Submission
When the process is complete, you will receive a notification that your mobile number has been checked successfully.
If you want to update a new telephone number, you must book an appointment at the closest registration center. (UIDAI does not permit online shift in Aadhar from now on.)
How do I change the new phone number of Aadhar Card online?
Follow the steps to change the mobile number of Aadhar Card online (if you want to update new phone number)
- Visit the https://ask.uidai.gov.in UIDAI website
- Enter a telephone and captcha number.
- Enter OTP that has been sent to you.
- The page will be redirected to the Aadhaar service page after the OTP has been entered.
- Click on Aadhar update.
- In the Personal Details section, fill in all the information needed including the Aadhaar number, email identification, mobile number, etc, and click on submit.
- Click on the option ‘What do you want to update’ after entering the info. Choose mobile and enter a new number. Click submit.
- Enter the OTP sent to your new phone and press Save and Continue.
- You will receive a notice to re-check your updated records. Check and click on submit details and then go to the ‘Book Appointment’ option.
- Select the ‘City/Site’ header and fill out the information below the ‘Book an appointment at UIDAI Run Adhaar Seva Kendra’ header. Select “Proceed to book an appointment” afterward.
You will obtain an appointment form with information on the date and place of the appointment. You must visit your closest Aadhaar Center to update your mobile/contact number.
How can I update my mobile number in Aadhar card online?
Click “Verify email/mobile number” to see the ‘Aadhaar Services’ section under ‘My Aadhaar’
Enter the 12-digit Aadhaar on the screen.
Enter the number of your cell phone.
Enter the security code to complete the captcha search. You can receive an OTP on your mobile phone when the page loads.
Enter your phone’s OTP and press “Verify OTP”
How can I change my mobile number in Aadhar card without OTP?
How can I link my mobile no with Aadhar?
Step 2: Carry a self-attested copy of your Aadhaar card.
Step 3: Provide your mobile number.
Step 4: The store executive will send an OTP to the mobile number that has to be linked.