Software Engineer Senior – Northwestern University, Participates as a technical expert in design, development, coding, testing, and/or debugging of major new software and hardware, and/or significant enhancements to existing software which may include applications over multiple platforms at the Center for Bio-Integrated Electronics.
Department: CBIE – Bio-Integrated Electr
Participates as a technical expert in design, development, coding, testing, and/or debugging of major new software and hardware, and/or significant enhancements to existing software which may include applications over multiple platforms at the Center for Bio-Integrated Electronics. Guides and advises junior staff. Manages complex projects independently and assists in estimating and planning for future development work. Performs complex system integration tasks. Handles long-term data storage, ensures HIPPA compliance, participates in clinical trials and runs data analytics on medical devices
- Provides application development leadership for new and existing software applications.
- Partners with the user in designing features for technology.
- Provides recommendation on how to enhance the system for future growth.
- Advises/recommends project and activities as related to system/architectural direction and strategy.
- Develops and implements procedures for data security, management and compliance
- Creates and maintains code documentation.
- Delivers system presentations and overviews.
- Evaluates feature/upgrade/change requests and recommends action.
- Researches new technologies to enhance the current system.
- Provides technical leadership on projects.
- Acts as subject matter expert (SME) inappropriate technologies and business domain.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs and documents all phases of applications development.
- Codes software applications adhering to designs supporting internal business requirements or external user.
- Troubleshoots complex, difficult issues.
- Designs databases and data structures.
- Provides recommendations on how to enhance the system to meet full business requirements.
- Determines project feasibility and how to integrate with the current system.
- Provides work direction to team members.
- Supervises staff such as team members, subordinates, contractors, vendors, students, etc.
- Manages projects ensuring timelines and deliverables are met and meet expectations.
- Provides input to staff assignments.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor’s or higher degree in a major such as computer science, information technology, or related; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 4 years of relevant experience required.
- Please see the information highlighted below.
- Infrastructure (extends across applications)
- Mac OS X Operating System
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Lync
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook)
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Windows Operating System
- Other: Android, iOS
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Other: C++, Bash, Make C, Swift, Ruby
- Critical thinking
- Business intelligence application design
- Data mining
- Database design/ data structure
- Enterprise architecture
- Code documentation
- Collaboration and teamwork
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Data analytics and data storage skills
- Excellent collaboration and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of HIPPA compliance
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Master’s degree in a major such as computer science, information technology, or related
- 4 years of experience in software engineering, systems programming
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Knowledge of Computer Architecture
- Knowledge of Bioinformatics
- Skills in managing Big Data
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
To Apply click here.
Software Engineer Senior – Northwestern University – For more job opportunities follow us.